Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF XP50 PRO thermal imaging camera with integrated laser range finder
The Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF XP50 PRO is a thermal imaging binocular with integrated laser rangefinder and video recorder. Observing with both eyes reduces fatigue during prolonged viewing and has a positive effect on the natural appearance of objects.
The Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF XP50 PRO thermal imager is equipped with a newly developed, highly sensitive microbolometer (NETD <25 mK), a thermal sensor that picks up mid- and long-wave infrared radiation and relays it to the display. Whether it's rain, snow, fog, high waves or waterways, the IPX7 protection rating ensures that the Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF PRO will not fail in the harshest weather conditions. Unlike a night vision device, a thermal imaging camera can also detect objects that are obscured by bushes, tall grass or branches, for example. Furthermore, the thermal imaging camera does not need any additional illumination.
Integrated laser range finder
The Accolade 2 XP50 Pro's integrated laser range finder (LRF) provides precise distance measurement up to 1000 meters and offers two modes (Single Measurement and Scan Mode). Scan mode allows the user to measure distance steadily.
High resolution thermal image sensor (NETD <25mK)
The newly developed 17µm thermal image sensor with a thermal sensitivity (NETD) of <25mK has a high resolution of 640x480 pixels and guarantees perfect detailed object imaging at 50Hz, even under the harshest weather conditions with low thermal contrast. The high optical sensor resolution makes the smallest objects, i.e. branches, leaves, body parts of an animal, appear especially sharp and clear against the background. The high thermal sensitivity (NETD) ensures that even the smallest temperature differences can be distinguished by the infrared camera, even in rain, fog or dew on cold mornings.
Excellent contour sharpness
Pulsar's patented "Image Boost Technology" uses a specially developed algorithm to increase the contour sharpness and detail imaging of heated objects, resulting in pure image clarity and sharpness that allows observers to accurately identify objects.
Long detection distance
With the powerful objective lens combined with the highly sensitive 17 µm thermal image sensor, the Accolade 2 LRF PRO thermal binoculars offer exceptional detection capabilities. A human-sized object with dimensions of 1.8x0.5 meters can be detected up to a distance of 1800 meters and this in complete darkness.
Variable magnification - continuous zoom
The Accolade 2 LRF XP50 Pro has a 2.5x optical magnification, which can be increased up to a factor of 8 with a digital zoom. This results in a magnification range of 2.5x to 20x.
"Stream Vision" Technology
The advanced Accolade 2 LRF Pro thermal binoculars are equipped with Stream Vision technology. This mobile-friendly feature allows real-time transmission of the image to a smartphone or tablet via WiFi. In addition, the smartphone can be used as a remote control to change device settings of the thermal imaging camera or to update the firmware of the device. The required app is available free of charge for Android and iOS.
Built-in photo camera and video recorder.
The built-in recorder is a great asset when it comes to filming or photographing once-in-a-lifetime experiences. One press of the REC button captures footage, which is stored on the 16GB of internal memory. The media can be transferred to a smartphone or PC via USB or WiFi.
In picture-in-picture mode, the observer gets a second small image of the central field, so the target object can be viewed in detail without loss of field of view.
High frame rate
Thanks to the high frame rate of 50 Hz, dynamic observation is extremely comfortable. Even with fast movements of the object or the observer, a distortion-free image is reproduced.
8 hue palettes
In addition to the main white/hot mode, the Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF PRO offers eight hue settings that can represent different degrees of warmth. The "white hot" and "black hot" settings are often used for target detection at night. "Red monochrome" helps minimize side exposure when the eyepiece is open. "Sepia" is mainly used for observing distant objects. The "Red hot", "Rainbow" and "Ultramarine" modes also show the temperature differences. For faster object detection, the "Violet" mode can be set.
Ideal for long-term observations
The binocular design of the Accolade Pro reduces eye fatigue during prolonged observations and gives objects a more natural appearance. The human brain is designed for dual vision and combines what is seen into one image. When the image is captured by only one eye, the brain's effort increases and leads to fatigue more quickly.
Adjustable interpupillary distance
The adjustable interpupillary distance allows the user to optimally adjust the optics to individual needs, which improves visual comfort and significantly increases the quality of vision.
The Accolade 2 PRO thermal imagers feature a user-friendly user menu. The information about the current status is shown on an extra status line in the display with letters, numbers and pictograms. The settings of the device, including magnification change, image inversion, brightness and contrast adjustment are shown with large pictograms, which can be easily perceived and do not disturb the observation.
The Accolade PRO thermal imager allows the user to turn off the display when observation is to be stopped for a short period of time. This feature allows the observer to be unmasked as there is no residual light coming out of the eyepiece. While the display is off, all other systems continue to run. The display is reactivated with a simple keystroke.
Brightness and contrast adjustment
Contrast and brightness can be manually adjusted to suit personal needs.
Full-color AMOLED display
The new full-color AMOLED display of the thermal imager Accolade 2 LRF Pro guarantees a very sharp, high-resolution and ultra-high contrast image. In addition, the AMOLED technology is energy efficient and frost resistant.
The Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF XP50 Pro comes with a 6400mAh Li-Ion IPS7 battery pack, this allows continuous operation for up to 9 hours at maximum power consumption. The innovative battery locking mechanism allows for quick and easy replacement. Optionally, the thermal imaging camera can be powered by an external energy source, for this purpose a USB port is available. Additional battery packs for the device are also offered by the manufacturer.
Calibration (nuc / non-uniformity correction)
The thermal imager Accolade 2 LRF XP50 PRO provides three different calibration modes: silent manual mode ("M"); automatic mode ("A") and semi-automatic mode ("H"). In "A" mode, the unit calibrates completely on its own. In "H" mode, the user decides at what time the unit is calibrated by pressing the "Cal" button. Manual "M" calibration is also performed by the user with the lens cap closed. This mode is recommended for tactical use and hunting, as it is largely silent.
Image optimization should be done according to the environmental conditions. Mountain, forest and city have different media temperatures. Thus, certain settings have been optimized and are available for selection as profiles to achieve the highest image quality.
Lightweight and robust housing
The lightweight, rugged aluminum-magnesium alloy housing provides high strength, durability and effective heat dissipation.
Absolutely waterproof IPX7
The Accolade 2 LRF XP50 PRO thermal binoculars are completely waterproof, allowing use in poor weather conditions, whether rain, snow or fog. The IPX7 rating means that the Accolade 2 LRF has undergone rigorous testing to withstand extreme natural weather conditions. Even a 30-minute immersion in water 1 meter deep can be withstood by the Accolade 2 LRF Pro.
Effective sensor temperature stabilization
The heat sinks on the Accolade 2 LRF PRO housing reduce the sensor and other components from overheating and significantly reduces temperature and noise sensitivity, especially between calibrations.
Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF PRO - the next level of thermal imaging technology
- New microbolometer with NETD <25mK
- Convenient for long term observations
- Integrated laser range finder (LRF) - up to 1000 meters
- Adjustable interpupillary distance
- User friendly user interface
- Functional ergonomic design
- Steam Vision technology, real-time transmission to a mobile device via WiFi
- Built-in video recorder and photo camera
- Built-in 16 GB memory
- Change settings via app
- Update firmware via app
- Wireless remote control
- PiP function - picture in picture to show an area larger
- Optical magnification 2.5x
- Continuous digital zoom x8
- High sensitivity sensor with 640 x 480 pixel resolution
- High detection range of 1800 meters
- Pixel pitch 17µm
- Frost resistant AMOLED display with a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels
- Frame rate 50 Hz
- Dark switching of the display
- 3 calibration modes: manual, automatic, semi-automatic
- Silent calibration
- Fast start-up of the device, image and controls are immediately ready for use
- 3 operating modes: city, forest, identification
- 8 color imaging modes: white-hot, black-hot, red-hot, red-monochrome, rainbow, ultramarine, violet, sepia
- White-hot" and "black-hot" image inversion
- Deletion of damaged pixels
- Quick-change battery pack with long operating time
- External power supply via USB
- Wide operating temperature range (-25 °C ... +50 °C)
- Fully waterproof (IPX7)
- Made in Europe
Application range of thermal binoculars Accolade 2 LRF PRO
- Long-term observations
- Night observation under natural conditions
- Hunting and tourism
- Night sports and orienteering
- Repair and installation service
- Building thermography
- Search and rescue operations
- Guard and security services
Technical specifications of Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF XP50 PRO
- Sensor type: uncooled microbolometer
- Thermal sensitivity: (NETD) <25 mK
- Sensor resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Pixel pitch: 17 µm
- Frame rate: 50 Hz
- Objective lens: F50/1.2
- Optical magnification: 2.5x
- Digital zoom: stepless up to x8
- Zoom range: 2.5 - 20x
- Minimum close focus: 3 m
- Exit pupil: 5 mm
- Interpupillary distance: 16 mm
- Pupil distance (adjustable): 56 - 71 mm
- Field of view angle (at 100m): Vertical: 16.3 m / 9.3°, Horizontal: 21.8 m / 12.4°
- Diopter compensation: ±5 diopters
- Detection distance (human): 1800 m
- Display type: AMOLED
- Display resolution: WVGA, 640 x 480 pixels
- Video recorder: Yes
- WiFi: Yes
- Streamvision: Yes
- Interchangeable lens: No
- Video/photo resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- File formats: .avi (video) / .jpg (photo)
- Internal memory: 16 GB
- Storage capacity: approx. 8 hours video / 100'000 photos
- WiFi frequency: 2.4 GHz
- WiFi standard: 802.11 b/g
- WiFi range, visibility: up to 15 m
- Protection class LRF: 1, according to IEC 60825-1:2014
- Wavelength LRF :905 nm
- Measuring range LRF: 1000 m
- Measurement accuracy LRF: ± 1 m
- Operating voltage: 3 - 4.2 V
- Battery type: Li-Ion battery pack IPS7 / DC 3.7V
- Battery capacity: 6400 mAh
- Operating time: 9 hours
- External power supply: 5V (USB)
- Tripod thread: ¼ inch
- Operating temperature: -25°C ~ +50°C
- Protection class: IPX7
- Dimensions: 164 x 130 x 64 mm
- Weight (without batteries): 700 g
Scope of delivery of the Pulsar Accolade 2 LRF Pro
- Thermal binoculars Accolade 2 LRF XP50 PRO
- battery pack IPS7
- USB cable
- storage bag
- carrying strap
- Lens cleaning cloth
- Instruction manual