Rescue Tape 2.54cm x 3.66m - self-welding silicone repair tape
The self-welding and versatile silicone tape "Rescue Tape" from Harbor Products is suitable for a wide variety of emergencies and repairs.
Rescue Tape creates an airtight and watertight seal in seconds. For example, you can quickly repair leaks in pipes or water hoses, but also repairs under water can be easily managed. Likewise, the self-welding silicone tape finds some applications in electrical connections, such as the insulation of cables or as a substitute for heat shrink tubing. Other examples are - corrosion protection, sealing of hydraulic fittings or the production of an emergency V-belt or an O-ring seal.
Rescue Tape was originally developed for military special forces, as it can be used to solve almost any problem. Even under water and on wet or oily surfaces, the silicone repair tape can be used. The silicone special tape welds itself within seconds, it resists oils, acids, fuels, solvents, salt water and UV rays. The Rescue Tape can be removed from any surface without leaving any residue.
The use of the Rescue Tape is simple.
Stretch the silicone tape to at least twice its length while wrapping it around the item being repaired. At the same time, the individual layers should overlap each other
For pressure lines (compressed air, water lines, hydraulic hoses) stretch the tape as much as possible because the tighter the tape is wrapped the faster it will weld and the stronger the connection will be.
Silicone Rescue Tape - extremely strong, extremely versatile!
- Welds itself
- High elasticity
- Tensile strength - tested up to 950 PSI / 65.5 Bar
- Withstands heat up to 260 °C
- Remains flexible down to -60 °C
- Insulates 8000V per layer
- Creates an airtight and watertight seal
- Never becomes rubbery or sticky
- Has an incredibly long shelf life
- Is extremely versatile
- Resists fuels, oils, acids, solvents, salt water, road salt and UV radiation
- Can even be used underwater, on wet or oily surfaces
- Can be removed without residue
Silicone Rescue Tape has endless application possibilities.
- As a final finish on ropes
- In the vehicle - to repair hoses and cables
- Sealing of leaking hoses, pipes, lines and connectors
- Arranging lines and cables
- Wrapping tool handles for a non-slip grip
- Watertight electrical connections and terminals
- As an emergency V-belt
- As an emergency O-ring
- Protect metal connections from corrosion
- As a ligature for emergencies or for pressure bandaging
Specifications of silicone emergency tape
- Width: 2.54 cm
- Length 3.66 m
- Thickness 0.5 mm
- Application temperature: -65° C to 260° C
- Tensile strength: 950 PSI, +/- 25 PSI
- Elongation min.: 800%, +/- 50%
- Tear strength: 85 ppi
- Adhesion strength min: 5.45 kg
- Dielectric strength: 400 v/mil (8,000 volts/20mil)