Pulsar Krypton XG50 Thermal Imaging Attachment
The Pulsar Krypton XG50 thermal imaging attachment is equipped with a high sensitivity VOx 12 µm thermal imaging sensor with 640x480 pixels. This sensor, HD AMOLED display, high performance electronics, intelligent design, rugged waterproof housing and advanced software make the Krypton XG50 an efficient multi-function thermal imager with the best image quality in any weather condition.
In the blink of an eye, the Pulsar Krypton XG50 observation device can be converted into a powerful thermal imaging attachment; a corresponding adapter is offered separately. Suitable for a variety of optics with a wide magnification range, the Krypton XG50 is a perfect thermal imaging upgrade that transforms a daylight scope into a powerful thermal imaging scope.
The Pulsar Krypton XG50 thermal imager is designed for various applications including hunting observation, surveillance activity, photo and video shooting both at night and during the day.
Long detection distance over 2000 meters
Exceptional detection capabilities are achieved thanks to powerful objective lens and high quality 12 µm thermal image sensor. A human-sized object with dimensions of 1.8x0.5 meters can be detected up to a distance of 2300 meters and this in complete darkness.
High sensitivity thermal image sensor 640x480 / 12µm
For image acquisition, the Krypton uses a high quality 12µm thermal image sensor with a resolution of 640x480 pixels. Due to the high optical sensor resolution, smallest objects, like grass, branches, leaves, body parts of an animal, are displayed especially sharp and clear. The Pulsar Krypton XG50 delivers an exceptionally sharp, high contrast image and excellent thermal sensitivity in all weather conditions.
Pulsar 5x30B monocular included
The Krypton XG50 modular thermal imager consists of a thermal imaging module and a quick-release eyepiece. In no time at all, the eyepiece is connected to or disconnected from the thermal imaging module. The eyepiece provides five times magnification.
Quick-change adapter and positioning of the field of view
In a flash, the Krypton can be converted from an observation device to an attachment. Using the PSP adapter mount with clasp and an optionally available adapter, the thermal imaging module can be quickly and easily attached to and removed from the scope. The mount allows precise alignment of the field of view of the attachment with the center of the field of view of the riflescope to achieve an optimal observation position.
Stable point of impact
The design of the attachment ensures a stable point of impact when refocusing the pre-scope at various distances. With the Pulsar Krypton, the shooter can focus on rapid target acquisition and shot placement in low-light environments without stressful, complicated adjustments by using a sequential layout of optical and electronic components designed for precise alignment and extremely easy adjustability.
Wide range of recommended magnifications for daylight optics
The Krypton is suitable as an attachment for a wide range of daylight optics magnifications from 1.5x to 6x.
Rugged and lightweight magnesium alloy housing
The rugged and lightweight magnesium alloy body withstands recoil from large caliber rifles. Increased structural rigidity reduces vibration during firing and results in improved ballistics, while magnesium alloy properties help ensure better heat dissipation.
Built-in photo and video recorder with 16 GB of internal memory
The built-in video recorder is of great importance when it comes to filming or photographing once-in-a-lifetime experiences. One press of the REC button captures footage that can be easily shared with colleagues, friends and family. 16GB of internal memory provides space for many hours of recorded video and plenty of photos. Recorded files can later be downloaded to a PC or smartphone.
Wi-Fi. Integration with iOS and Android devices using the free Stream Vision app
The built-in Wi-Fi module enables connectivity of the Krypton FX50 thermal imaging camera with Android or iOS smartphones and tablets using the free Stream Vision app. When combined with a smartphone, the thermal imager offers a number of unique features such as live image streaming to a smartphone, motion detection, multimedia file transfer and sharing, firmware update, remote control of device settings, and many others.
Advantages of daylight optics at night
With the Krypton attachment, users can retain the benefits of daylight optics at night. Advantages include: larger eye relief compared to night vision scopes, conventional reticle shape, smooth zoom, quick conversion from day to thermal hunting mode, shooting style retention.
Calibration (manual / semi-automatic / automatic)
The Krypton XG50 thermal imager provides three different calibration modes: silent manual mode ("M"); automatic mode ("A") and semi-automatic mode ("H"). In "A" mode, the unit calibrates completely by itself. In "H" mode, the user decides at what time the unit is calibrated by pressing the "Cal" button. Manual "M" calibration is also performed by the user with the lens cap closed. This mode is recommended for tactical use and hunting, as it is largely silent.
Image optimization should be done according to the environmental conditions. Mountain, forest and city have different media temperatures. Thus, certain settings have been optimized and are available for selection as profiles to achieve the highest image quality.
HD AMOLED display
The built-in, frost-resistant AMOLED display with a resolution of 1746x1000 pixels enables a sharp, high-contrast and vivid image. AMOLED technology provides flawless, smooth, high-resolution imaging and energy savings.
The Krypton's display can be turned off when needed. This feature allows the observer to be unmasked as no residual light is emitted from the eyepiece. While the display is off, all other systems continue to run. The display is reactivated with a simple push of a button.
Long operating time thanks to B-Pack battery system
The Pulsar Krypton XG50 comes with the advanced autonomous B-Pack battery system. The battery pack can be changed quickly and provides enough power for up to 8 hours of uninterrupted operation. With one battery pack, the device can run all night without needing to be replaced. Any commercially available power bank that has a USB port can be used as an external power source.
Impact resistance up to .375 H&H, 12-gauge and 9.3x64
Shock resistance up to 6000 joules for proper operation with larger calibers up to .375 H&H, 12 gauge and 9.3x64.
Easily update firmware
Using the free Stream Vision app on a smartphone, the Pulsar Krypton XG50 can be updated in a snap.
The Krypton is completely waterproof according to the IPX7 protection rating. This allows the device to be used safely even in heavy rain, snow or other precipitation. The Krypton is designed to function properly for up to 30 minutes even after immersion in water up to 2 meters deep.
Wide operating temperature range (from -25 to + 50°C)
The housing, battery, optical and electronic components are designed for applications in a wide temperature range. The Krypton ensures reliable and effective operation in freezing conditions down to -25°C.
Compatible with third-party remote optics adapters
Companies such as Micron & Rusan offer a range of adapters for the Pulsar Krypton. This provides an easy connection between the scope and thermal imaging camera. The key to selecting the correct remote optics adapter is to determine the exact outer diameter of the objective.
Features of Pulsar Krypton XG50
- High detection range of 2300 meters
- High resolution thermal imaging microbolometer
- Microbolometer pixel size of 12 microns
- AMOLED display with high resolution
- Quick and easy conversion from observation device to thermal imaging attachment device
- All the advantages of daylight optics remain available for night use
- Comfortable use in a wide magnification range of daylight optics
- Three calibration modes (manual, semi-automatic and automatic)
- Silent calibration
- Four observation modes: forest, rock, identification, user mode
- Robust and resistant up to 6000 joules
- High recoil strength 12 gauge, 9.3x64, 0.375H&H
- Immediate start
- Display Off" function
- Integrated photo and video recording
- Steam Vision technology, real-time transmission to mobile device via WiFi
- Change settings via WiFi
- Wireless remote control and firmware update via app
- Powerful battery with quick change system
- Supply with external power supply is possible, USB 5V
- IPX7 protection class (waterproof and dustproof)
- Large operating temperature range (-25 °C to +50 °C)
- Compact, robust and lightweight housing
- Remote optics adapter optionally available
Technical data of Pulsar Krypton XG50
- Sensor type: uncooled Vox microbolometer
- Sensor resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Pixel pitch: 12 µm
- Frame rate: 50 Hz
- Optical magnification: 5x (monocular), 1x (attachment)
- Recommended magnification daytime optics: 1.5x - 6x
- Objective lens: F50 / 1.2
- Minimum close focus: 5 m
- Exit pupil: 6 mm
- Interpupillary distance: 18 mm
- Field of view angle (at 100m): Horizontal: 8.7° / 15.4 m, Vertical: 6.5° / 11.6 m
- Diopter compensation: ±5 diopters
- Detection distance (human): 2300 m
- Display type: AMOLED
- Display resolution: 1746 x 1000 pixels
- Video/photo resolution: 960 x 720 pixels
- File formats: .mp4 (video) / .jpg (photo)
- Internal memory: 16 GB
- WiFi frequency: 2.4 GHz
- WiFi standard: 802.11 b/g
- WiFi range, visibility: 15 meters
- Operating voltage: 3 - 4.2 V
- Battery type: Li-Ion Battery Pack IPS7 / 6400 mAh / DC 3.7 V
- Operating time: up to 8 hours
- External power supply: 5V (USB)
- Operating temperature: -25°C ~ +50°C
- Protection class: IPX7
- Shock resistance: 6000 Joule / cal. 12
- Dimensions: 260 x 93 x 76 mm (with eyepiece), 143 x 93 x 76 mm (without eyepiece)
- Weight: 470 g (without battery and eyepiece), 690 g (without battery / with eyepiece)
Scope of delivery of the Pulsar Krypton XG50
- heat imaging device Pulsar Krypton XG50
- monocular Pulsar 5x30 B
- battery pack IPS7, 6400 mAh, DC 3.7V
- battery charger
- USB cable
- Power adapter
- storage bag
- Lens cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide