Snugpak Antarctic Mat Oliv - versatile sleeping mat
In frosty weather, self-inflating rubber-based mats are not suitable, as they often break open when rolling or the valves freeze. The Snugpak Antarctic mat uses sleeping bag insulation, which prevents heat loss and cannot break or freeze.
This sleeping bag insulation layer prevents convective heat loss between the body and the floor. Sweat that is conducted away from the sleeping bag also penetrates to the bottom of the Snugpak Antarctic Mat to keep the sleeping bag dry.
Snugpak Antarctic mats can be combined
With the help of the Velcro fasteners on the edges, two Antarctic mats can be joined together and thus serve as an emergency sleeping bag or as a two-layer sleeping mat.
The Antarctic Mat can be used under the tent floor, directly on the ground, to protect the sleeping area from stones, undergrowth and twigs.
Adaptable in any situation
The Antarctic Mat is very adaptable, it can be folded and joined in different configurations. The Antarctic is also very useful when space is limited, such as in hammocks.
Poncho / additional insulation
With the Velcro straps on the edges, the mat can be used as a poncho on the shoulders or it can be wrapped around the body, providing extra insulation for the body.
Made in Great Britain
The UK manufactured Antarctic mat uses Snugpak's proprietary Softie Premier insulation, a warm, supple, state-of-the-art synthetic fiber.
Compression fabric bag included
The Snugpak Antarctic Mat comes with a compression sack that reduces the volume of the mat, allowing the mat to be stored directly inside the backpack instead of on the outside of the backpack like traditional sleeping mats.
Features of the Snugpak Antarctic Mat
- Many-sided sleeping mat with sleeping bag filling
- Velcro fasteners at the edges
- Combine two mats, e.g. as an emergency sleeping bag or two-layer mattress
- Can be used as a poncho or additional body insulation
- tent base - protects the berth from stones, branches, etc.
- Dissipates moisture to the ground
- robust, high quality and durable
- Low weight and small packing size
- incl. compression packsack
- Manufactured in Great Britain